I haven’t done a good blog in awhile, and I apologize for that. What with writing, holidays, and everything else, I’ve let this get away from me a bit. Still, you guys are awesome.
David Bowie died today, and while that made me sad, in the long run it isn’t going to affect my life. The man was a visionary, but he was still just a man.
A little search on the internet showed me a blank questionnaire, and I thought I would share it with you. I’ve posted my own answers below as well.
Questions from The Write Practice:
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Perfect happiness is whatever you make it out to be. We all live our lives from our own perspective, and we can never truly understand another person’s perception. What one person considers happiness, another could consider hell. Instead, we should foster the good feelings within ourselves, and let our greatest version of ourself out.
- What is your greatest fear?
Losing the ability to maintain my self. I can’t imagine anything worse than losing one’s self to one’s sanity.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I am arrogant, and cocky as could be. Someone should really knock me down a peg.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Selfishness, didn’t your mother ever teach you to share?
- Which living person do you most admire?
Malala Yousafzai, the girl took a bullet to the head for her convictions, and hasn’t let it stop her.
- What is your greatest extravagance?
Computers, I was a video game nut for a long time.
- What is your current state of mind?
Stressed, because what’s life without a little bit of tension?
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- On what occasion do you lie?
I lie to my mother, that’s about it. And that’s only to keep her from worrying.
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
The part I’m working my ass off to lose! The belly fat has got to go!
- Which living person do you most despise?
I mean, in all honesty I despise no one. I hope we all do well. But if you’re going to force my hand, how about the leader of ISIS? Donald Trump? Really anyone who espouses hate and tries to drag others down instead of lifting them up.
- What is the quality you most like in a man?
- What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
AWESOME! EXCELLENT! FANTASTIC! WONDERFUL! GOOD! GREAT! GRAND! and of course, the curse words. I use those way to often.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My wife is the greatest love of my life. The only woman I ever want.
- When and where were you happiest?
Here and now
- Which talent would you most like to have?
I always wanted musical talent, but I never wanted to do the work.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
The only things I would change about me are the things I’m already working on. Just losing weight.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I actually wrote a book. I never thought I would, and I’m even writing more.
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I would want to come back as a tardigrade. Those things are almost impossible to kill.
- Where would you most like to live?
In a utopia where everyone is happy and taken care of.
- What is your most treasured possession?
My sanity, because I know just how fragile it is.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Letting fear rule you.
- What is your favorite occupation?
I love being a writer, but I miss being a certified nurses assistant.
- What is your most marked characteristic?
My bright shiny coppery red hair.
- What do you most value in your friends?
Integrity (I think I’m noticing a theme here…)
- Who are your favorite writers?
Asimov, Heinlein, McCaffery, Jordan, King….
- Who is your hero of fiction?
Rick, from Rick and Morty. Only he can save us.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with?
FDR, I can’t imagine a more compassionate leader of our people.
- Who are your heroes in real life?
My parents, for teaching me what integrity is, and how to have it.
- What are your favorite names?
You see them all the time in my books.
- What is it that you most dislike?
Douche-bags, just something about them I don’t like.
- What is your greatest regret?
That I was an idiot growing up, and wasted so much potential.
- How would you like to die?
I was hoping to keep this PG-13…
- What is your motto?
Never look down on anyone, unless you’re helping them up.